Sunday 16 June 2013

Narrative

Narratives- Fractured Fairy tales

We are learning to write a fictional narrative by adapting a fairy tale.

We will know we can do this when we can..
Follow the Writing Process – planning, draft copy, editing and publishing
Have a title
Write three paragraphs: an Orientation, a Complication and a Resolution
Write in past tense
Use direct speech (dialogue)
Use onomatopoeia, questions and similes to create pictures with words and build suspense

Amber said, "I learnt to do similes to make the story more better.  I learnt to start my story with a question to make it more interesting.  I learnt to put ... (ellipsis) when something  is scary and something is going to happen.  I learnt onomatopoeia is word that is a sound like cluck, cluck, cluck. Next Step: I'm going to put more writing and more descriptive words in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment